Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!

I am so very excited to be able to say that I am on a Design Team!!!  AND to be able to say that I am on the Design Team of my favorite Sketch Challenge - Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  I never used to think about making square cards, but now I find that square cards are what I want to make!!  I love Arlana's Sketches with all the layering and the perfect layout to feature those favorite stamps.  SWEET!!
Even though I am not entering my card this week, and my first week to feature a card as a DT Member is next week, I couldn't resist the Sketch.  Perfect for an Anniversary card I wanted to make.  So check out my card and please, check out the Challenge over at the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Blog.  The Sponsor this week is Milk N Coffee Stamps.  They have some really sweet images.  I know I will be picking up a few...

Tonight I used a stamp from Lili of the Valley.  I love this little boy and girl on the swing.  I love back shots...  Some of my favorite pictures of my kids when they were young are from the back...
The couple I am going to give this card to have been married more than 50 years.  So I love the sentiment LoTV put with this stamp: "Together Forever".  How true!!  I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it in with Copics.  I then fussy cut it out and mounted it with Pop Dots.  The paper is Lily Bee Design - Buttercup and the ribbon is from my stash.
I am entering this card in the Challenge at The Paper Shelter - LAYERS...

Thanks so much for stopping by and I do hope you will play along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sally! What a wonderful way to use that sketch, it's obvious why you will be joining that team! I'm such a LOTV fan, this card just makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats my friend! so glad someone finally realized how awesome you and your card making skills are!! :) Enjoy the ride...I'm honored to know you and be the recipient of some of your beautiful work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations being on the design team! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and perfect Anniversary card! The colors are so rich and beautiful too. Congrats on the SSW DT spot, and I look forward to creating with you! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions I can help you out with.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete