Wednesday, May 23, 2012

a day for daisies...

Sweet Sketch Wednesday's sponsor this week is a day for daisies!!  I love their stamps and am combining the two Challenges with this card.  ADFD's challenge was to go Vintage and add polka dots, which I have to admit, in my rush to make the entry deadline, I forgot about the polka dots...  can we call the flowered background DP polka dots???  Probably not, but I do like the way the card turned out so it's all good!!  I can always use birthday cards, so I chose this "Vintage" girl with her "bouquet" of balloons.  She looks as though she just came from a Country Fair.  I colored her in with my Copic Markers and Fussy cut her out.  She is mounted with Pop Dots and the sentiment "enjoy" from Verve is stamped beside her.  The papers are from Authentique 6x6 Bundle - Genuine.  The ribbon and daisies are from my stash. 
Thanks for stopping by!!

7 comments:

  1. Darling card! I love your paper choices! Yes, she looks like she is at the fair! The geometric paper looks like ferris wheels to me. Love your daisy flowers!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positively darling!!!! Love your papers and colors, they are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, aren't these the sweetest images. It is so fun to create with them. I love your card this week and especially how you cut her out and have the blue background behind her. Your added daisies are really cute. I love how you added the ribbon around the edge. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally this is such a pretty card I do love this image and as Judi said she looks like she's at a fair with the Ferris Wheels behind her. Love your wonderful daisy embellishments and I love how you put the yellow ribbon around your card. That back ground paper with the flowers looks like dots to me..... Great card and thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.

    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute image. Love your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very sweet and the daisies/along with the A Day for Daisies image are just terrific! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally, I agree with you about loving ADFD images and she is adorable, love your fussy cutting! Lovely papers and the daisies, wow!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Patti SSW/DT

    ReplyDelete