Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring has Sprung!!

It really has been a crazy winter here in New England.  Warmer than usual, hardly any snow to speak of, and now Spring is here.  Climbing to the mid 70's today and the 80's tomorrow.  Not sure I am ready for the hot weather just yet...  This morning I finished up a card I started last night using the Mojo Monday sketch #233 with some Spring colors for the March Whimsie Doodles Challenge.  My friend Juanita's granddaughter Dakota is getting ready for her very first dance recital, so when I saw this Image at Bugaboo Digi Stamps it reminded me of her and the excitement a first recital brings!! 

I used yellow and pink gingham checked papers from Recollections along with white and yellow CS. I layered a pink lacey "ribbon" (CtMH) on top of white shiny sheer ribbon.  The embellishments and the sentiment Little Princess are Close to My Heart.  The Ballerina was colored in with Tombow markers.

Happy Spring everyone - and thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so cute with the pink and yellow - of course you have to have a pink tutu!!! Great touches with the lace and flowers too.
    Thanks for joining in the Spring fun at Whimsie Doodles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Sally! Love all the pink here. So glad you could play along with us over at Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete