Saturday, March 17, 2012

Some Saturday Crafting...

Happy Saturday!!  I was the Hostess last night to 18 women from my church for Secret Sisters (aWomen's prayer ministry).  Needless to say my house was packed and I was quite tired this morning and slow to get started...  But, we had a great time - food, fun and fellowship!!
I was checking through some of the blogs to see what hit me for my card making today.  I started off with The Color Throwdown and used the sketch from the Cards & Things challenge.  I used papers from my "scrap pile" along with a lunch bag =).   I roughed up the papers with a sanding block and added three tiny buttons.  The image is from a day for daisies.  I love the images in this shop!!  I used both soft chalks and markers to color in the image.  I flipped the design and took the liberty of adding a ribbon at the top.  The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is Verve Stamps.  Now...  back to my Crafting Room...

2 comments:

  1. Love this image and layout...beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty! Wonderful job with the colors and great design :)

    ReplyDelete