Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Photo Booth...

Many days while eating my lunch at work, I check out the many Challenges and choose the ones I want to do for the week.  When I went over to the City Crafters Challenge Blog, I knew theirs was a Challenge I had to do.  I am so thankful for their Challenge "Photo Booth".  The challenge was to incorporate at least one photo in your project.  I knew right away I wanted to use one of the many old photos I have from my parents, and when looking through the photos I just fell in love with the one featured on my card.  In the picture from left to right are my Aunt Grace, cousin Judy, Aunt Alice, Aunt Shirley, my Mom Margaret holding my brother Hal, behind them my Grandma Akerblom, Aunt June and "Auntie" Elizabeth (I wonder where Aunt Lillian was...).  By the age of my brother, this photo was probably taken in 1948.  There is a note on the back saying it was photographed in Carver,  MA.  I love this photo and am so happy to have been inspired by the Design Team to create this card.  (I think I will be looking for a frame, I won't be parting with this one...).  I just love the smile on my Mom's face - that is how I remember her...  ALWAYS SMILING!! 

I used the Sketch from The Sweet Stop .  The papers are from The Almanac Collection 6 x 6 paper stack from Prima and the 6 x 6 Designer Paper Pad Fiddlesticks from Miss Caroline.  The stamp is Close to My Heart "Picture Perfect" stamped in Cocoa.  The small crocheted "doilies" are Recollections mounted with CtMH brads.  And lastly brown twine from The Twinery.
Thanks so much for stopping by - wishing you all a very Happy Mother's Day!!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, love the soft tones and vintage touch, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely ... I love that photo and what a lovely way to remember your Mom ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and lovely photo, love the subdued colors you used, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh GORGEOUS page - so pretty and such an elegant vintage feel! Thank you for joining us this week on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is great.. And your page looks amazing.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly BEAUTIFUL! LOVE that photo!! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete