Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 209

Welcome Friends!!  The first Wednesday in June...  Can you believe it!?!?!  Summer is almost here...  We had a mini heat wave with temps in the 90's this past weekend.  I was so thankful to have my Saturday free.  I had some reading to do and wanted out of the house, so I drove to the Cape and it was a good 20 degrees cooler!!  I actually needed a sweatshirt in the shade - sweatshirt weather is my kind of weather!!  Wonderful reading with the ocean breeze...

Well, enough with the weather report and on to our Challenge.  I LOVE being a part of the Design Team over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  This week our wonderful Sponsor is...

Meljen's Designs is a lovely stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical rubber and digital images inspired by her kids and family. Meljen's Designs has a new challenge every Thursday, and a Guest Designer each month at the Meljen's Designs Blog. Please visit the adorable line of Meljen's Designs stamps at our store HERE to browse all of Melissa's lovely designs! You can also see Melissa's exclusive rubber stamps at her corner of Whimsy Stamps, too! Don't forget to join Meljen's Designs on Facebook HERE to take advantage of special sales and promotions that are just for her facebook fans!

This week's PRIZE -  4 digis of winner’s choice

On to our Sketch...

I chose this Fun "Birthday Cupcake" image -

I used retired paper from Close to My Heart, ribbon from my stash, Stickles and a few "gems" also from my Stash (oh how I love to re-stash my stash ;-)

Hope you will join us this week!!

Blessings to you!!



9 comments:

  1. Hi Sally, I do love this sketch and I adore what you did and how you mounted your Cupcake it looks like it's jumping off your card with a spring. Love your ribbon you've used, I'm a ribbon girl. Take care and so glad your having warmer weather and time to relax at the beach. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I absolutely love your card this week. Your combination of colors and papers are so perfect. I love how you popped your image and colored it. It has really made your card come to life!! Enjoy your visits to the Cape. It sounds like a wonderful place to go. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you ... sweatshirt weather is PERFECT. I've got one of those days right now. Our high is supposed to be 56 and it's raining. Ahhhh! Sadly this will not last the week! Your card is fantastic. Perfect colors and I love the popped image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and festive card Sally! Love that yummy cupcake, your coloring is wonderful. How fabulous to be reading by the ocean...we leave the end of the month for our ocean vacation! Can't wait!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card and all the bright, fun papers! What an exciting image!! So cute!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this Sally and it truly showcases the Fourth of July and Summer to me! Love it!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! The colors and papers are super fun. What a fantastic card for a celebration.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and happy birthday card with a great mix of colors and papers and fabulous coloring. I love how you cut out the image and popped it up. Totally fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Sally, I just love this to bits! It's just the sort of playfulness every birthday needs! And the primary color palette is pure scrumptiousness!

    ReplyDelete