Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog has a timely theme this week - "Here Comes Summer".  When I think of Summer I think of two things...  a slower pace (at least I had a slower pace when I was a kid...  lots of time laying in the grass looking at the clouds...) AND I think of my dog Summer =)  So, Sassy Cheryl's image "A Penny for Your Thoughts" with Sally and her dog Bella was the perfect image for the Challenge!

I used some long retired paper from Close to My Heart along with ribbon and a button from my stash.  The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, and the image is colored with Copics then fussy cut and mounted with pop dots.
I'm also entering this card in the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 187.
                                                         
After a very warm day in the high 80's with humidity in the forecast for the next few days... Summer is definitely here!

Thanks so much for visiting!!
Blessings to you!!

9 comments:

  1. She's darling! I love the bright summer colors and the little scallop circle is delightful. Thanks for joining us at SSSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOsh Sally. . .this is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! And I love the ribbon and button. Such a fab little touch.
    Warm thoughts right back to you. It's just lovely.
    Thanks for playing along in the SUMMER challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that image! It really reminds me of lying in the grass watching the clouds as a girl. What happened? Now I don't want bugs to crawl on me and it's too hard to get back up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - so true Kara, "getting" up is hard to do =)

      Delete
  4. I used to love to lay in the grass and watch the clouds.. still do! maybe we should try it together sometime... lol
    love it! as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweeeet as can be! I Love these vibrant summer colors and your awesome coloring! The sketch is the perfect frame for these little darlings!
    Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl Summer challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this...what gorgeous coloring and design work!! I'm so glad you've joined us for this week at Sassy Cheryl's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally, what a fun card! I love your bright summertime colors and beautiful layout! Thank you for joining us for this week's Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete