Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome Wednesday!!

Happy New Year!!  I hope you all had a safe and Happy New Year celebration.  Have any of you made any Crafty New Year's Resolutions?  I have to say there is something about the start of a new year...  It is just another day, but turning the page on the calendar and seeing that "NewYear", 2013 is cause for inspiration.  One of my goals is to get started scrapping favorite photos for my kids from their early years...  another goal is to read the Bible in a year.  There is a small group at my Church that will be taking on that Challenge!

I do look forward each week to a new Challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!  I have been able to create some Sketches for the Challenges in order to help Arlana while she is off the computer for a time while dealing with some wrist issues.  This week's Challenge is one of my sketches.  


And, we have Fresh Brewed Designs - Heather Dennis - as our Sponsor!!  I really enjoy her images and her Blog as I too am a COFFEE LOVER!!  Here is a little about Heather:


I am Heather Dennis, the artist and owner of Fresh Brewed Designs, but first and foremost I am the wife of one amazing husband, mother of two sweet and talented kids. I homeschool and LOVE coffee, creating and chatting with my friends. Fresh Brewed Designs is an online shop that opened in November 2010. We sell a wide variety of rubber and digital stamps as well as specializing in many coffee themed images. 

It started with a dream and turned into something bigger. With the prodding of a very supportive husband, family and friends, with a lot of help and a lot of headaches:) and a lot of lessons and prayers....Fresh Brewed Designs has become a place to share, create, laugh and build lasting friendships.




Our motto: Fresh Brewed Designs... where creativity is brewed fresh daily.

We always have a pot brewing, so stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!!!

Prize:  3 digis of your choice

FYI - Fresh Brewed Designs is having an "Anything Goes Challenge" for the month of January - Check it out =)

My card features the Ladybug Teapot.  I am giving this card to a lady who is celebrating her 98th Birthday this week.  She is one amazing lady who is such an inspiration.  She is always Joyful!!
The papers are from My Mind's Eye and the ribbon from my stash.  The image is colored with Copics, then cut out and mounted with Pop Dots.  I used a paper Doily and added some Opaque Pearls.

Blessings to you all!!


7 comments:

  1. Wow Sally, this card is absolutely beautiful!!! I adore that teapot image and you put it with the most perfect papers. Happy new year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally, we are lovin these fun sketches. Thanks so much for helping out. Judi and Arlana has shown me some of them and they are wonderful. We really appreciate your help.
    I love your card this week. Your teapot is so pretty and I love the papers and colors you have used. such a perfect combination. Happy new year. I hope you are able to accomplish your goals this year. Some very worthy goals to set. I hope to do the same.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH SALLY!!! THIS CARD IS GORGEOUS!!!!!!
    I ADORE This sketch too!! What a beautiful design that I MUST play along with.

    I love the soft colors and papers you chose for this digi. I Don't know why I am always drawn to yellow and red when I color it! LOVE the lacy diecut and the pearls.

    And thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges this month!

    HUGS - Heather
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally,
    What a great sketch! Love your card, it is super cute. what perfect papers and happy colors. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Sketch, Love your tea pot.
    Cute card.
    Thanks for lovely comment on my blog
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a beautiful card
    Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally this is so adorable! I just love this little teapot, and you did a fantastic job coloring it! The doily behind the image is the perfect touch! Thank you for joining us this month at Freshly Brewed Challenges!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete