Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Mom's Mom {heart}

One more card tonight - or actually - a 6 x 6 layout.  Patrice (The Old Back Porch) commented on one of my cards tonight and invited me to check out and join her 52 card pick up.  So of course I went right to her Blog to check it out and took a look at a couple of Challenges she had done that are new to me.  (I love to find "new to me" Challenges).  So this creation is a result of that =)
I have been going through some old photos and thought I should do something with them.  So, tonight a made a 6x6 layout of this photo of my Maternal Grandmother that was taken the Christmas Eve before I was born.  I chose to leave the date visible as it was written by my Mom.  I based the layout on the sketch from Unscripted Sketches and also the color and a few other details are taken from the Challenge at Color... Stories... Inspiration... CSI:  Case Study No. 21.  What a fun Blog that is =) 
I thoroughly enjoyed making this little layout.  The DP is from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found - Blush.  Once I got the layout done, I went to my stash and started embellishing.  The crocheted flowers, pearls, pearl pin and Love clip are all CtMH.  The paper flowers are Recollections and the crocheted trim is from my stash. 

8 comments:

  1. Love your vintage layout...It's great to have those old photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really made that gorgeous paper shine ... love all of those wonderful embellishments ... so very glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute treasure..this is gorgeous! thanks for sharing at the US blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful tribute to your Grandmother! You did such a wonderful job capturing the essence of the photo in the layout that you created. Thanks for sharing this special project with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your layout and love all the little touches like crocheted flowers. I love, love that you left the date visible, what a special touch that it was written by your mother. Thanks for sharing your wonderful layout and thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tribute and layout! Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely page. So glad you joined us this week at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and heartfelt. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Unscripted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete