Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sometimes You Just Need a HUG!

 Hey there Crafters - today I spent the day with a couple of friends Apple Picking (although we did not pick, we bought... and I actually bought pears not apples... =).  It started out overcast but turned out to be a beautiful first day of Fall.  We had a nice day, had some yummy Apple Cider Donuts (still warm), saw lots of pumpkins, BIG and small, got in some walking...  saw lots of animals (I loved the pigs), stopped at a Coffee Shop for lunch (yay!!) and just enjoyed time together. 
 
                                                                A face only a mother could love...
 
The card I made for the Retro Sketches Challenge is for one of those friends who I know, every once in a while... just needs a hug!! Going through my stamps tonight, I noticed just that sentiment was a part of the Morning Glory Pure Innocence stamp so, I created this card to give her at Church tomorrow.
I used a new Paper pad from My Mind's Eye the sweetest thing - Tangerine.  The Paper and the Card Stock were a part of my September Monthly Kit from Taylored Expressions.  Always love when that comes in the mail each month - always a nice surprise!! 

After paper piecing her dress and coloring the rest of the image with Copics, I cut her out and mounted her with Pop Dots.


Thanks so much for visiting and... Happy Fall!!

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet card! love this PI and the pretty papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! love how you spent your first day of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. So cute design. I have chance to work for a company Plastic id cards online designing and this design inspire me so much. I appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete